Saturday, September 11, 2010

The Envelope, Please

This blog entry is not about Hollywood and its glamor of winning an earthly reward. It is about boundaries. Allow me to explain.
In technical terms, and envelope is a limit within which an aircraft or electronic system may be safely operated. To push the envelope is to stretch the established limits or boundaries.
We all need boundaries, envelopes, in our lives to "envelope" us for our own protection. Proverbs 4:23 says to guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life. Part of that guarding experience is to set healthy boundaries around ourselves, be they emotional, physical or otherwise.
We must set such boundaries at the prison ministry with the men and women we write to. For example, today I received a letter from a man who thought I had sprayed his "I AM FREE" letter with perfume. I did not, but I can see (we probably all can) how the enemy can come in and plant false assumptions in our minds and make us think that one thing is something that it is not. Therefore, let us use the envelope technique and safely operate within the limits of God's word.

No comments:

Post a Comment